Finance and Accounting
The Finance and Accounting Team is responsible for supporting all of SRFECC in providing finance reporting, payroll, human resources, accounts payable, accounts receivable, fixed assets, cash management, investments, and grant management. They also coordinate regional meetings, host regional chapter events for various professional organizations, maintain all contracts, and manage facility projects. The SRFECC Accounting Team performs all accounting functions in-house utilizing the ERP system GP Dynamics. This small 5 person team has won the GFOA international Distinguished Budget Award for the past 2 years. In addition to their daily responsibilities, this team is very active in the California Society for Municipal Finance Officers. They are members of the CSMFO Professional Standards Committee and the CSMFO Technology Committee. SRFECC is committed to enhancing transparency in financial reporting. Each year, the annual budget document exemplifies this commitment to excellence.
In FY 2015-16, some major accomplishments include:
- Completed FY 14-15 Audit
- Kronos Workforce Ready Go-Live in January 2016
- Completed Payroll Tax Audit
- Approval of Preliminary Budget FY 16-17
- Won GFOA Distinguished Budget Presentation Award for FY 15-16 Budget Document
- Won CSMFO Excellence in Budgeting Award for FY 15-16 Budget Document
Accounting Team Accomplishments for FY 14-15
- Started Monthly Budget to Actual Report presentation to CED Murray
- Completed Accounting Bootcamp to record all accounting processes and educate all members of the Team
- FY 12/13 Audit and FY 13/14 Audit were completed
- FY 12/13 and FY 13/14 Year end close were completed
- Implemented month-end closing procedures
- Initiated relationship with Kronos for payroll/timekeeping services
- Initiated contract with MGO for payroll tax audit
- Preliminary Budget for FY 15-16 is presented to and approved by the Board of Directors
- Completion of FY 13-14 State Controllers Report
- FY 14/15 Budget Document was presented to the board and approved
- FY 14/15 Budget Document won GFOA’s Distinguished Budget Presentation Award
- Completed ten-year audit for fiscal years 2000-2010
- Re-engineered accounts payable, receivables, capital assets and payroll business processes.
- Updated purchase order process from triplicate carbon copy purchase order book to integrated procure to pay in new ERP system using electronically generated purchase orders and workflow.
- Approved two CalPERS contract amendments to implement cost-share provision.